What PC should I get to work with the RSA306?
Any PC that meets the performance requirements should work. Tektronix doesn’t make a specific recommendation, but a list of models we’ve evaluated is shown below. In one case, we’ve found an Intel core i5-based tablet (Surface 3 Pro) that does meet minimum signal duration specifications.
|Manufacturer||Model||Processor||Meets minimum signal duration specification?||Meets streaming data requirement?|
|Dell||XPS15-6842sLV||Intel corei7-4702HQ 2.2GHz||Yes||No (spin drive)|
|Lenovo||Yoga 2 Pro||Intel corei7-4500U 1.8GHz||Yes||No (spin drive)|
|Microsoft||Surface 3 Pro||Intel core i7-5650U @ 1.7-2.3 GHz||Yes||Yes (Solid-state drive)|
|Microsoft||Surface 3 Pro||Intel corei5-4300U CPU @ 1.7-2.5 GHz||Yes||Yes (Solid-state drive)|
|Motion Computing||F5te||Intel core i7-3667 CPU @ 2.00 GHz||Yes||Yes (Solid-state drive)|
|Toshiba||Satellite s55t-B||Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.5GHz||Yes||No (spin drive)|
|Lenovo||Think Pad||Intel corei7 3632QM 2.2 GHz||Yes||No (spin drive)|
Tektronix offers the Panasonic FZ-G1 tablet computer as an option to the RSA USB Spectrum Analyzers and as a standalone unit. When purchased from Tektronix, the FZ-G1 is configured with the specifications shown below. The tablet configured for Tektronix has many options and capabilities not present in the base FZ-G1 sold by Panasonic.
When purchased from Tektronix, the FZ-G1 includes pre-loaded SignalVu-PC software, with custom-programmed display settings and front-panel buttons to optimize the SignalVu-PC experience.
In addition, Tektronix has tested the FZ-G1 to ensure that the specified real-time performance of all USB spectrum analyzers is met with this configuration.
- Key specifications of the instrument controller
- Windows 10 operating system (Win8 Pro COA)
- Intel® Core 6300U 2.40 GHz Processor (TBD in China)
- 8GB RAM 256 GB
- 256 GB Solid State Drive
- 10.1" (25.6 cm) Daylight-readable screen
- 10-point Multi Touch+ Digitizer screen plus included pen interface
- USB 3.0 + HDMI Ports, 2nd USB Port
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth® and 4G LTE Multi Carrier Mobile Broadband with Satellite GPS
- MIL-STD-810G certified (4' drop, shock, vibration, rain, dust, sand, altitude, freeze/thaw, high/low temperature, temperature shock, humidity, explosive atmosphere)
- IP65 certified sealed all-weather design
- Integrated microphone
- Integrated speaker
- On-screen and button volume and mute controls
- Integrated battery backup for hot-swap of battery packs
- 3-year Warranty with Business Class Support (provided by Panasonic in your region)
This FAQ Applies to:
Product: RSA306, RSA306B, RSA503A, RSA507A, RSA603A, RSA607A
FAQ ID : 69416View all FAQs »