How do I Enable or Disable the LAN and connect a TDS5000(B)+ TDS6000(B) or TDS7000(B) Series oscilloscope to the Network?
You can connect the scope to a network to enable printing, file sharing, internet access, and other communications functions. Before you make the connection, do the following steps to enable (the default) network access to the Oscilloscope:
- Begin with the scope power off
- Attach a PS2 keyboard and mouse to the scope
- Power up the scope
- As the scope begins to boot, press the keyboard F2 key repeatedly until the message Entering Setup, or Loading Setup on some Oscilloscopes appears
- Use the keyboard right arrow key to highlight Advanced
- Use the keyboard down arrow key to highlight Peripheral Configuration and press Enter
- Use the keyboard down arrow key to highlight LAN Device and press Enter
- Use the keyboard Up/Down arrow key to highlight Enabled and press Enter
- Press the keyboard F10 key to save, and exit
- Once the Oscilloscope has completed auto boot up minimize the scope application using TekScope File menu Minimize or (right-mouse-click Minimize on some scopes) to access the Window desktop.
- Use the Windows network setup utility to define the Oscilloscope as a network client and configure it for your network. You can find the network setup utility in the Windows Start menu if you select Settings > Control Panel and then double-click Network.
- Consult your network administrator for specific instructions to make these settings.
NOTE. If you want to disable network access for the Oscilloscope, perform the above procedure except substitute Disable for the command listed in step 8. The Oscilloscope will boot faster with network access disabled.
Cette FAQ concerne :
Aucune série du produit
Numéro de la FAQ 60711Afficher toutes les FAQ »