Probe for the UTRAN Network and Service Analyzer Software
Lire en ligne :
This product is no longer sold by Tektronix. Contact NetScout for more information.
Features & Benefits
- Provides a Completely Scalable Platform, Starting from a Single STM-1/OC-3/GbE Link (Stand-alone Probe) to a High Number of Links (Multi-probe), to Meet Every Budget Requirement and Performance for the Most Demanding Technical Needs
- Offers Excellent Portability For Most Field Installation and Maintenance Activities, and Reliable Rack-mounted Stationary Monitoring for Test Plant, Operation and Maintenance, and Network Optimization Activities.
- Offers Data Analysis at Full Line Rate, High Performance Data Capturing for Immediate Real-time Analysis or Subsequent Offline Investigations, and State-of-the-Art HW Filters for Data Reduction.
- Offers Time Synchronization Between Different Probes via a Dedicated Cable Enabling Multi-interface, Multi-protocol, UTRAN Delay Sensitive Measurements and Applications.
- Flexible and Dynamic Product Configuration, and Licensing Scheme Support Optimal Allocation of Resources, and Improve Asset Efficiency.
- Field Support Personnel of UMTS Network Operators and UMTS Network Equipment Manufacturers Who Need to Perform Basic Protocol Analysis Tasks on a Low Number of Network Interfaces, Both in the Lab, and in the Field.
- Test Engineers Working in Test Plants of Network Operators and in the Labs of Network Equipment Manufacturers Who Need to Verify the Functionality and Performance of UMTS Network Elements for New Protocol Versions and Interfaces.
- Operation and Maintenance Technicians of UMTS Network Operators Who Need to Perform Reactive Maintenance and Trouble Ticket Resolution at RNC Sites.
- Network Optimization Technicians and Quality Department Technicians of UMTS Network Operators Who Need to Perform Proactive Network Optimization Activities at RNC Sites.
Troubleshooting and Optimization Solution for UTRAN
The NSA solution combines a new probe-based UTRAN / UTRAN-IP hardware platform with the UTRAN Network and Service Analyzer suite of software applications to provide a completely scalable solution, starting from a single STM-1/OC-3/GbE link (stand-alone probe) to a high number of links (multi-probe), to address the varied needs of network operators and equipment manufacturers.
The K18 hardware probe, combined with a PC platform, enables customers to minimize acquisition costs and obtain the high speed performance they need. The K18 probe performs real-time capture under heavy load from UTRAN STM-1/OC-3/GbE interfaces, hardware filtering (such as control plane/user plane, VPI/VCI), and first level hardware processing (such as RLC/MAC reassembling, UTRAN logical channels auto-configuration). The PC performs application measurements and acts as a data archive server. The K18 probes connect to the PC using 100/1000 BT ports. Basic configurations with a laptop or desktop PC and one or two probes are suitable for most field troubleshooting and many design verification activities. Larger configurations to meet more demanding needs are made possible through the use of multiple probes, and are controlled by single or multiple users.
The UTRAN Network and Service Analyzer suite of software applications for troubleshooting and optimization of 3G networks and services enables 3G Mobile Network Operators and Equipment Manufacturers to identify the root cause of poor 3G services quality, by mapping 3G service problems into the underlying UTRAN network problems.
One K18 Probe Controlled by a Laptop or a Desktop PC
An external PC (typically a laptop or a desktop) runs the Client/Server software. The PC is connected directly to the probe. Automatic detection and cross-connection of the Ethernet link to the host PC allows using a normal cable instead of a cross-connected cable.
Several K18 probes, synchronized, controlled by one PC for a portable solution
An external PC runs the Analyzer software. The PC is connected point-to-point to one probe that daisy chains the LAN connection to the next one. The data connection is daisy chained to the second, and all other probes. The solution is extremely portable since no external hub/switch is needed. For highly accurate time synchronization a dedicated sync cable is required.
Several K18 probes, synchronized, controlled by one PC for a fixed large installation
One external computer runs the Client/Server software and controls several probes. For highly accurate time synchronization a dedicated sync cable is required.
Several K18 probes, rack mounted, synchronized and controlled by one PC
Several K18 probes can be stacked into a 19” rack. Two K18 probes side-by-side fit into a 1U 19” rack.